Mass digital payments: their benefits and how to protect them
August, 15, 2023
2 min. reading
Recently, we have witnessed a significant increase in the use of various methods of digital payments. This is mainly due to the convenience, speed and security they offer. In addition, these allow transactions to be made from anywhere and at any time.
For this reason, we tell you the main advantages of making this type of payment in a massive way. In addition, you will see what types exist and some recommendations to make them more secure.
Main advantages of mass digital payments for your business
The most important advantages are:
– They make it easier for companies and users to carry out large volumes of transactions, for example, the payment of payroll.
– They provide greater agility in payment processes.
– They make it possible to carry out transactions from anywhere and at any time. This is especially useful for transnational companies.
– Reduce costs.
– They cover a wide variety of payments, such as salaries, allowances, commissions, fees or labor settlement.
– They offer greater security and protection against fraud.
Depending on the types of labor contracts, they allow timely and efficient compliance with payment obligations.
Types of digital payments
Currently, these payments are made in the following ways:
– Credit and debit cards
– Electronic wallets
– Electronic banking
– QR Codes
– Electronic payment platforms
Among the last ones, Airtm stands out as the most connected digital dollar account in the world; through it you can make massive payments efficiently. In addition, it offers you more than 400 payment methods through a single account.
Platforms can be secure, but you can increase this factor with certain actions, such as:
– Keep your software and devices up to date. This includes your operating system, applications and antivirus. Updates often include important security enhancements useful for protecting your financial data.
– Use strong passwords. Make them different and unique for each account and avoid using personal or predictable information. Also, combine numbers, special characters and letters.
– Enable two-factor authentication (2FA). By requiring a second verification method, for example, a code sent to your cell phone, you strengthen security.
– Avoid unsecured connections and devices, such as public devices or networks. Instead, always use a secure connection, preferably your own password-protected WiFi network.
– Verify the data before making digital payments. This involves making sure that the website or application is legitimate. To do this, check that the web address begins with “https://” and a security padlock is displayed in the browser address bar.
– It uses trusted platforms and providers. In this sense, Airtm meets all the necessary security standards. Thus, your money is in a stable and secure environment, through simple and ready-to-use tools.
– Make a regular follow-up of your transactions. This way, you will be able to detect any suspicious activity. If you notice any unauthorized transactions, report them immediately to your financial service provider.
While these measures help you protect your payments, you can always take additional precautions depending on your particular needs and circumstances.
Do not hesitate to contact us to make your digital payments a success!